Our school was first established at a site in Sai Ying Poon through the generosity of the Kadoorie Family in 1890's. The Hong Kong Government assumed the school management in 1916 and the school later moved to its old site at Eastern Hospital Road. For many years, it was operated as a primary school until the 1960's with the introduction of the secondary classes. It has remained a government co-educational secondary school ever since. At the beginning of the new millennium, the school has moved into its present site, a new and very well facilitated school building with the latest modern design, progressing onwards with strength and vitality into new era ahead.
Old School Site
Present School Site
For the implementation of school-based management, a School Management Committee has been set up since September 1999 to increase the transparency and accountability of the school administration. The School Management Committee (2017/2018), chaired by Mr. Chan Fu-man, Fred (PEO (SE), EDB), is composed of eight other members.
1. English is the major medium of communication.
2. Both HKDSE Chinese and NCS Chinese are core language subjects.
3. NCS students can take French, Hindi and Urdu as elective subjects.
4. Our students are multi-racial coming from different nationalities.